Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Beret
Retailer: Neiman-MarcusContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Neiman-Marcus Co. (USA) (est. 1907 in Dallas, Texas, USA, by Herbert Marcus, Carrie Marcus-Neiman, and Al Neiman)
Donor: Watson, Lois (Mrs. Carl)Contributor Type: Personal
- Creation: 197u
- No Language
- Content Description: Beret style hat of medium red simulated(?) reptile skin. Pieced crown of eight triangular panels and one half-round panel. Matching covered shank button at center of crown. Stiffened brim with twenty-four rows of horizontal burgundy topstitching. Burgundy grosgrain ribbon headband. Fully lined in gold metallic organza over white organza. Retailer's label stitched at center of crown lining: "Neiman-Marcus / Made to Order".
- Physical Description: Measurements: Front to back: ca. 25.5 cm. Side to side: ca. 25.5 cm. Height: ca. 14 cm. when worn.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Hats
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Hats (Headgear)
- Coverage Date: 1970/1979
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Dallas County - Dallas
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1993.011.028
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc283738