Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Dress
- Series Title Carrie Marcus Neiman Foundation Collection of Fashion
Designer: Adrian, GilbertCreator Type: Personal
Donor: Neiman-MarcusContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Also Former Owner
- Creation: 1947
- No Language
- Content Description: Evening dress of silk crepe for summer. The full-length dress has an A-line skirt of cocoa brown silk crepe and attached belt with pendant strap at front left. The bodice is of cream silk crepe printed with a "trompe l'oeil" ribbon motif below the rounded neckline. Darts at sides. Long, bat-wing style tapered sleeves. Center-back snap closure. Unlined. Designer's label: "Adrian / Original"
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Trompe-l'oeil
- Coverage Date: 1947
- Place Name: United States - California
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1938.001.016
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc283732
- Display Note: This object was part of the Carrie Marcus Neiman Foundation Collection of fashion items collected by Stanley and Edward Marcus in honor of their aunt, one of the original founders of Neiman-Marcus. Begun in 1938, the collection comprised important items of fashion from each season, and included many items designed by winners of the Neiman-Marcus Fashion Awards, as well as pieces owned by or collected by Carrie Marcus-Neiman.