Skirt Suit Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Skirt Suit
- Series Title Dallas Museum of Fashion Collection
Designer: Adrian, GilbertCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Adrian, Gilbert (b. Naugatuck, Connecticut, USA, 1903 - d. Los Angeles, California, USA, 1959)
Donor: Carter, Mrs. Joe D.Contributor Type: Personal
Retailer: Frost BrothersContributor Type: Organization
- Creation: 1946
- No Language
- Content Description: Street suit of gray wool. A daytime or street suit consisting of two pieces. Excellent example of chiaroscuro work. A) Jacket with squared padded shoulders, no collar, and long sleeves. Opening along the central front, the jacket has a series of 5 hook-and-eye closures. A band that extends from upper left, across opening, and secures through a wide loop just below the right shoulder. The jacket is lined in a peach/mauve silk. At center back of inside neckline is designer's label: "Adrian / Original" Retailer's label at right inside seam: "Frost Bros. / San Antonio". B) Straight skirt was originally just below knee length, but has been lengthened by the addition of material almost matching the lining of the jacket. The skirt has a center back zipper closure. It is currently unlined, but has evidence of the alterations. No labels, possibly removed.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Dresses (Garments)
- Coverage Date: 194u
- Place Name: United States - California - Los Angeles County - Los Angeles
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1971.020.001
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc283717
- Display Note: This object was part of the Dallas Museum of Fashion collection. Founded in 1960 by the Fashion Group, Inc. of Dallas, the collection comprised important items of historic and current fashion. It was housed in the Apparel Mart, Dallas, and operated as the Dallas Museum of Fashion from 1960 until 1971. It moved to what was then North Texas State University in 1972, and became the Texas Fashion Collection.