Texas Fashion Collection move, August 2013 Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Texas Fashion Collection move, August 2013
Cinematographer: Graham, AnnCreator Type: Personal
Other: Texas Fashion CollectionContributor Type: Organization
Name: University of North Texas. College of Visual Arts and Design.Place of Publication: Denton, Texas
- Creation: 2013
- Content Description: A short video combining still and motion footage documenting the move of the Texas Fashion Collection from Scoular Hall to the Welch Street Complex I. Video includes TFC staff, volunteers, and the professional movers. Activities include inventory work, packing materials and preparing racks of garments for the move, of wrapped racks being loaded on and unloaded from trucks, and items being unloaded in the new facility. TFC staff and volunteers visible in the video include: Sharon Kremer; Elizabeth Ferring; Janelle McCabe; Erin Barbutes; Robynn Amaba; Jasmine Milligan; Dawn Figueroa; Myra Walker; Ken Weber; Grady Ferguson; and various movers, names not known at time of cataloging.
- Physical Description: 1 film (ca. 4 min.) : sd., col.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Texas Fashion Collection.
- Coverage Date: 2013
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Denton County - Denton
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Accession or Local Control No: Texas Fashion Collection
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc283663
- Display Note: The Texas Fashion Collection was housed in Scoular Hall from about 1992 until 2013. At the time of the move, the collection contained between 17,000 and 20,000 items of historic, artistic, and couture clothing and accessories. Packing for the move began late 2012, with the bulk of the work being done between March and July of 2013. The entire collection was moved over a 5 day period in late August 2013. The collection was moved to a new facility on the UNT campus, which had been completed about one week before the move.