2008 DOT GOV Harvest Preserving Access Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title 2008 DOT GOV Harvest Preserving Access
Author: Hartman, Cathy NelsonCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: University of North Texas
Author: Phillips, Mark EdwardCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: University of North Texas
Organizer of meeting: Depository Library Council to the Public Printer (U.S.)Contributor Type: Organization
- Creation: 2008-10-21
- Physical Description: 23 p.
- Content Description: Presentation for the 2008 Depository Library Council Annual Meeting. This presentation outlines the history, tool building, partner activities and future work for a collaborative project between the University of North Texas, the Library of Congress, the Internet Archive, the California Digital Library, and the U.S. Government Printing Office.
- Keyword: crawlers
- Keyword: web archiving
- Keyword: batch ingests
- Keyword: seed lists
- Item is not a Primary Source
- Meeting: Depository Library Council to the Public Printer (U.S.) Meeting, 2008, Arlington, Virginia, United States
Name: UNT Scholarly WorksCode: UNTSW
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc28365
- Academic Department: Libraries
- Academic Department: Digital Projects Unit