Programming in Fortran M Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Programming in Fortran M
- Added Title ANL (Series)
- Added Title Argonne National Laboratory Report ANL-93/26
- Series Title Argonne National Laboratory Reports
Author: Foster, IanCreator Type: Personal
Author: Olson, RobertCreator Type: Personal
Author: Tuecke, StevenCreator Type: Personal
Originator: Argonne National LaboratoryContributor Type: Organization
Originator: United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific Computing.Contributor Type: Organization
Name: Argonne National LaboratoryPlace of Publication: Argonne, Illinois
- Creation: 1993-08
- Content Description: Fortran M is a small set of extensions to Fortran that supports a modular approach to the construction of sequential and parallel programs. Fortran M programs use channels to plug together processes which may be written in Fortran M or Fortran 77. Processes communicate by sending and receiving messages on channels. Channels and processes can be created dynamically, but programs remain deterministic unless specialized nondeterministic constructs are used. Fortran M programs can execute on a range of sequential, parallel, and networked computers. This report incorporates both a tutorial introduction to Fortran M and a users guide for the Fortran M compiler developed at Argonne National Laboratory. The Fortran M compiler, supporting software, and documentation are made available free of charge by Argonne National Laboratory, but are protected by a copyright which places certain restrictions on how they may be redistributed. See the software for details. The latest version of both the compiler and this manual can be obtained by anonymous ftp from Argonne National Laboratory in the directory pub/fortran-m at info.mcs.anl.gov.
- Physical Description: viii, 53 p.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: FORTRAN (Computer program language)
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Computer programming.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Parallel processing (Electronic computers)
- Item is a Primary Source
Name: Technical Report Archive and Image LibraryCode: TRAIL
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- OCLC: 880583067
- SuDoc Number: Y 3.AT 7:22/ANL-93/26
- Report No.: ANL-93/26
- Grant Number: W-31-109-Eng-38
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc283145
- Display Note: Digitized from microfiche (1).
- Display Note: Some parts of this report may be illegible, depending on the quality of the microfiche.