Guidelines for Digital Newspaper Preservation Readiness Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Guidelines for Digital Newspaper Preservation Readiness
- Added Title Guidelines for Digital Newspaper Preservation Readiness: Version 1.0
Author: Skinner, KatherineCreator Type: Personal
Author: Schultz, MattCreator Type: Personal
Name: Educopia InsitutePlace of Publication: Atlanta, GAAdditional Info: Web: http://publishing.educopia.org/
- Creation: 2014-03-04
- Content Description: The Guidelines for Digital Newspaper Preservation Readiness address a specific set of preservation challenges faced by libraries, archives, historical societies, and other organizations that curate substantial collections of digital newspaper content. The Guidelines are intended to inform curators and collection managers at libraries, archives, historical societies, and other such memory organizations about various practical readiness activities that they can take. They provide links to technical resources that curators can either implement themselves or work with their technical staff to implement. The Guidelines (Version 1.0) only deal with digital newspapers at this point, not broadcast or other forms of digital news.
- Physical Description: xi, 46 p. : ill.
- Keyword: Digitization
- Keyword: Digital newspapers
- Keyword: digital preservation
- Keyword: Submission Information Package (SIP)
- Keyword: Archival Information Packages (AIPs)
- Keyword: Dissemination Information Packages (DIPs)
- Keyword: Open Archival Information System (OAIS)
- Keyword: born-digital content
- Keyword: preservation-readiness steps
- Keyword: digital newspaper content management practices
Name: General CollectionCode: UNTGC
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- Rights Access: public
- Rights Holder: Educopia Insitute
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: You are free to copy, distribute, and display this work under the following conditions: Attribution - You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work). Specifically, you must state that the work was originally published as the Guidelines for Digital Preservation Newspaper Readiness, and you must attribute the copyright holder as the Educopia Institute. Noncommercial - You may not use this work for commercial purposes. No Derivative Works - You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work. Any of these conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder. Your fair use and other rights are in no way affected by the above.
- Rights Holder: Skinner, Katherine
- Rights Holder: Schultz, Matt
- URL: http://metaarchive.org/public/publishing/Guidelines_for_Digital_Newspaper_Preservation_Readiness.pdf
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc282586