A Guide to the Best Revenue Models and Funding Sources for your Digital Resources Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title A Guide to the Best Revenue Models and Funding Sources for your Digital Resources
Author: Maron, NancyCreator Type: Personal
Contributor: The Strategic Content AllianceContributor Type: Organization
Contributor: Ithaka S+RContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Ithaka S+R is a research and consulting service that helps academic, cultural, and publishing communities in making the transition to the digital environment. Ithaka S+R is part of ITHAKA, a not-for-profit organization that also includes JSTOR and Portico.
Name: JiscPlace of Publication: Bristol, UKAdditional Info: Web: http://jisc.ac.uk/
- Creation: 2014-03
- Content Description: With the support of the Jisc-led Strategic Content Alliance (SCA), Ithaka S+R has developed this guide to support those who are actively managing digital projects and are seeking to develop funding models that will permit them to continue investing in their projects, for the benefit of their users, over time. This report updates Sustainability and Revenue Models for Online Academic Resources (2008) in two major ways: first, by expanding the list of revenue models covered in order to take into account emerging models, including highlighting those methods that are compatible with open access. Second, the report places the notion of ‘revenue generation’ in the context of the fuller range of funding activities we have observed in higher education and the cultural sector. In addition to practices more often seen in the commercial world like advertising and corporate sponsorships, the report devotes time to discussions of a range of philanthropic sources of support as well as support offered by host institutions.
- Physical Description: iii, 85 p. : col. ill.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Research libraries -- Collection development.
- Keyword: revenue generation
- Keyword: sustainability
- Keyword: licensing
- Keyword: Freemium models
Name: General CollectionCode: UNTGC
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- Rights Access: public
- Rights Holder: Jisc
- Rights License: by
- Rights Statement: © Copyright: Jisc, 2014. This work is licensed under CC BY.
- URL: http://www.jisc.ac.uk/sites/default/files/guide_to_revenue_models_for_digital_resources_0.pdf
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc282585