Participatory Design in Academic Libraries: New Reports and Findings Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Participatory Design in Academic Libraries: New Reports and Findings
- Series Title CLIR Publication No. 161
Author: Council on Library and Information ResourcesCreator Type: OrganizationCreator Info: Webpage: http://www.libraryresource.com/
Editor: Foster, Nancy FriedCreator Type: Personal
Photographer: Tobia, PeterContributor Type: Personal
Name: Council on Library and Information ResourcesPlace of Publication: Washington, DCAdditional Info: Web: http://www.clir.org
- Creation: 2014-02
- Content Description: This report looks at how staff at eight academic institutions gained new insight about how students and faculty use their libraries, and how the staff are using these findings to improve library technologies, space, and services. Participatory design is a relatively recent approach to understanding library user behavior. It is based on techniques used in anthropological and ethnographic observation. The report is based on a series of presentations at the second CLIR Seminar on Participatory Design of Academic Libraries, held at the University of Rochester’s River Campus June 5-7, 2013. Chapters focus on projects at the University of Colorado, Boulder; Colby College; University of Connecticut; Columbia University; Rush University Medical Center; Purdue University; Northwestern University; and the University of Rochester. David Lindahl, of the University of Missouri-Kansas City, provided the keynote.
- Physical Description: 110 p. : col. ill.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Academic libraries -- Use studies -- Congresses.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Research -- Study and teaching (Higher) -- Congresses.
- Keyword: participatory design
- Keyword: Academic Libraries
- Keyword: User-Centered Design
- Keyword: Ethnographic Library Research
- Keyword: library space
Name: General CollectionCode: UNTGC
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- Rights Access: public
- Rights Holder: Council on Library and Information Resources
- Rights License: copyright
- Rights Statement: Copyright © 2014 by Council on Library and Information Resources. This work is made available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 license, http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/.
- ISBN: 978-1-932326-48-2
- URL: http://www.clir.org/pubs/reports/pub161
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc282584