NBC Radio Broadcast: Toscanini - Centennial Series, 2/22/1967 Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title NBC Radio Broadcast: Toscanini - Centennial Series, 2/22/1967
- Series Title Toscanini: Centennial Series (Don Gillis Collection)
Producer: Gillis, DonCreator Type: Personal
Performer: NBC Symphony OrchestraContributor Type: Organization
Interviewee: Copland, Aaron, 1900-1990Contributor Type: Personal
Interviewee: Gould, MortonContributor Type: Personal
Interviewee: Grofe, FerdeContributor Type: Personal
- Creation: 1967-02-22
- Content Description: This recording is a part of the radio series “Toscanini: Centennial Series,” which was a tribute to conductor Arturo Toscanini on the hundredth anniversary of his birth, and was a subset of the radio series "Toscanini: The Man Behind the Legend". The broadcasts consist of music performed by the NBC Orchestra as well as interviews with composers, conductors, orchestra members, and other people associated with Toscanini. This segment includes performances of An American in Paris by George Gershwin, Symphony No. 5 1/2 by Don Gillis, and interviews with Aaron Copland, Morton Gould, Bernard Wagner, Paul Creston, Ferde Grofe, and others.
- Physical Description: 1 sound disc : digital ; 4 3/4 in.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Toscanini, Arturo, 1867-1957 -- Recordings.
- Named Person: Toscanini, Arturo
- Keyword: American classical music
- Keyword: NBC broadcasts
Name: Toscanini: The Centennial SeriesCode: TNCS
Name: UNT Music LibraryCode: UNTML
- Rights Access: public
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc28254