Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA): A Summary of the Act and Its Major Requirements Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA): A Summary of the Act and Its Major Requirements
Author: Tiemann, MaryCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Specialist in Environmental Policy
Name: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.Additional Info: Congressional Research Service, Library of Congress
- Creation: 2014-02-05
- Content Description: This report summarizes the Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA) and its major programs and regulatory requirements. This report includes the drinking water security provisions added to the SDWA by the Public Health Security and Bioterrorism Preparedness and Response Act of 2002 (P.L. 107-188), and lead reduction provisions as amended by P.L. 111-380. It also outlines amendments made in December 2013 by P.L. 113-64 (H.R. 3588) to explicitly exempt fire hydrants from coverage under the act's lead plumbing restrictions.
- Physical Description: 22 pages.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Water law and legislation
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Water quality
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Water purification
- Item is not a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States
Name: Congressional Research Service ReportsCode: CRSR
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- CRS Report Number: RL31243
- Accession or Local Control No: RL31243_2014Feb05
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc282322