University-industry Alliances : A Study of Faculty Attitudes Toward the Effects of Alliances on the Governance and Operations of Institutions of Higher Education Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title University-industry Alliances : A Study of Faculty Attitudes Toward the Effects of Alliances on the Governance and Operations of Institutions of Higher Education
Author: Abegunde, OlufemiCreator Type: Personal
Chair: Kingery, DwaneContributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Major Professor
Committee Member: Thompson, John T.Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Minor Professor
Committee Member: Eddy, John, 1932-Contributor Type: Personal
Committee Member: Matteson, Samuel E.Contributor Type: Personal
Name: University of North TexasPlace of Publication: Denton, Texas
- Creation: 1992-08
- Content Description: The central purpose of this study was to compare the attitudes of faculty in applied sciences to the attitudes of faculty in liberal arts and other selected fields to determine if they differ significantly from each other in their perceptions of the effects of university-industry alliances on campus governance and operations. Secondary purposes were (a) to appraise the debate on alliances and the effects of alliances on academic values and (b) to contribute to the literature concerning alliances and their potential for improving higher education.
- Physical Description: vi, 129 leaves
- Keyword: university-industry alliances
- Keyword: faculty
- Keyword: higher education institutions
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Business and education.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: College teachers -- Attitudes.
Name: UNT Theses and DissertationsCode: UNTETD
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: copyright
- Rights Statement: Copyright is held by the author, unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.
- Rights Holder: Abegunde, Olufemi
- Thesis or Dissertation
- Call Number: 379 N81d no.3559
- Accession or Local Control No: 1002717817-abegunde
- UNT Catalog No.: b1699471
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc279159
- Degree Level: Doctoral
- Degree Grantor: University of North Texas
- Degree Name: Doctor of Philosophy
- Academic Department: Department of Higher Education
- Degree Discipline: Higher Education