Control over Therapist Interactions as a Reinforcer for a Child with Autism Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Control over Therapist Interactions as a Reinforcer for a Child with Autism
Author: Edwards, William HarrisonCreator Type: Personal
Chair: Rosales-Ruiz, JesusContributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Major Professor
Committee Member: Greenspoon, JoelContributor Type: Personal
Committee Member: Ala'i-Rosales, Shahla S.Contributor Type: Personal
Committee Member: Smith, Richard G. (Richard Gordon), 1956-Contributor Type: Personal
Name: University of North TexasPlace of Publication: Denton, Texas
- Creation: 1999-08
- Content Description: This study evaluated whether therapist terminations of social interactions would decrease social terminations and increase social initiations during play activities with a child with autism. The assessment took place in two conditions. The first condition, instructed involved social interactions with instructions delivered, and the second, uninstructed, involved social interactions without instructions delivered. These conditions were analyzed with a multiple baseline across-conditions design. Interaction duration, initiations, instructions, and child terminations were recorded. This study showed that the therapist-removal procedure resulted in a complete decrease in child terminations, and an increase in the number of initiations and the duration of the child-therapist interactions during the uninstructed condition. Similar effects were seen in the instructed condition, but to a lesser degree.
- Physical Description: vi, 32 : ill.
- Keyword: children
- Keyword: autism
- Keyword: social interactions
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Autistic children -- Behavior modification.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Therapist and patient.
Name: UNT Theses and DissertationsCode: UNTETD
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: copyright
- Rights Statement: Copyright is held by the author, unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.
- Rights Holder: Edwards, William Harrison
- Thesis or Dissertation
- Call Number: 379 N81 no.7603
- UNT Catalog No.: b2176263
- Accession or Local Control No: 1002659983-Edwards
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc278765
- Degree Level: Master's
- Degree Grantor: University of North Texas
- Degree Name: Master of Science
- Academic Department: Department of Behavior Analysis
- Degree Discipline: Behavior Analysis