A History of the Administrative Development and Contributions of the Federation of North Texas Area Universities, 1968-1991 Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title A History of the Administrative Development and Contributions of the Federation of North Texas Area Universities, 1968-1991
Author: Morris, Lucille DarlineCreator Type: Personal
Chair: Smith, Howard WellingtonContributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Major Professor
Committee Member: Newsom, RonContributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Minor Professor
Committee Member: Miller, William A.Contributor Type: Personal
Name: University of North TexasPlace of Publication: Denton, Texas
- Creation: 1992-05
- Content Description: The Federation of North Texas Area Universities was mandated by the Coordinating Board of the Texas College and University System on 3 December 1968, and this consortium was given legal empowerment by the Texas State Legislature. The three federated Universities--North Texas State University, Texas Woman's University and East Texas State University--developed a plan of cooperative action to maximize use of available resources, a plan which included sharing facilities and faculty as well as developing joint program offerings. At a time in history when educational institutions were obliged to maximize their resources, minimize their expenditure, and eliminate duplication, the consortium was an innovative approach to higher education as well as an interesting alternative to having degree programs cut and funding diminished.
- Physical Description: viii, 262 leaves
- Keyword: Federation of North Texas Area Universities
- Keyword: North Texas State University
- Keyword: Texas Woman's University
- Keyword: East Texas State University
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Federation of North Texas Area Universities -- History.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Education, Higher -- Texas.
- Place Name: United States - Texas
Name: UNT Theses and DissertationsCode: UNTETD
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: copyright
- Rights Statement: Copyright is held by the author, unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.
- Rights Holder: Morris, Lucille Darline
- Thesis or Dissertation
- Call Number: 379 N81d no.3535
- Accession or Local Control No: 1002717815-morris
- UNT Catalog No.: b1658309
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc278728
- Degree Level: Doctoral
- Degree Grantor: University of North Texas
- Degree Name: Doctor of Philosophy
- Academic Department: Department of Higher Education
- Degree Discipline: Higher Education