Efficient Linked List Ranking Algorithms and Parentheses Matching as a New Strategy for Parallel Algorithm Design Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Efficient Linked List Ranking Algorithms and Parentheses Matching as a New Strategy for Parallel Algorithm Design
Author: Halverson, Ranette HudsonCreator Type: Personal
Chair: Das, Sajal K.Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Major Professor
Committee Member: Jacob, Roy ThomasContributor Type: Personal
Committee Member: Brand, Neal E.Contributor Type: Personal
Committee Member: Yang, Cui-Qing, 1944-Contributor Type: Personal
Name: University of North TexasPlace of Publication: Denton, Texas
- Creation: 1993-12
- Content Description: The goal of a parallel algorithm is to solve a single problem using multiple processors working together and to do so in an efficient manner. In this regard, there is a need to categorize strategies in order to solve broad classes of problems with similar structures and requirements. In this dissertation, two parallel algorithm design strategies are considered: linked list ranking and parentheses matching.
- Physical Description: x, 118 leaves
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Algorithms.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Parallel processing (Electronic computers)
- Keyword: parallel algorithm
- Keyword: parentheses matching
Name: UNT Theses and DissertationsCode: UNTETD
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: copyright
- Rights Statement: Copyright is held by the author, unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.
- Rights Holder: Halverson, Ranette Hudson
- Thesis or Dissertation
- Call Number: 379 N81d no.3839
- Accession or Local Control No: 1002721481-halverson
- UNT Catalog No.: b1778214
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc278153
- Degree Level: Doctoral
- Degree Grantor: University of North Texas
- Degree Name: Doctor of Philosophy
- Academic Department: Department of Computer Science
- Degree Discipline: Computer Science