Loose Id for Orchestra Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Loose Id for Orchestra
Author: Bryant, Steven 1972-Creator Type: Personal
Chair: McTee, Cindy, 1953-Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Major Professor
Committee Member: Sovik, Thomas PaulContributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Minor Professor
Committee Member: Klein, Joseph, 1962-Contributor Type: Personal
Name: University of North TexasPlace of Publication: Denton, Texas
- Creation: 1996-08
- Content Description: Loose Id, scored for orchestra (piccolo, 2 flutes, 2 oboes, 2 clarinets in B-flat, B-flat contrabass clarinet, 2 bassoons, contrabassoon, 4 horns in F, 3 trumpets in B-flat, 2 trombones, 1 bass trombone, tuba, timpani, percussion (3 parts), violin I, violin II, viola, violoncello, and contrabass), is an abstract realization in sound of the energy of the Id. Unleashed, without the counterbalance of Ego or Superego, the Id generates unbridled instinctual energy, resulting in an orgiastic frenzy. Distinct from a state of dementia, this piece represents a thoroughly lucid and intentional rampage of self-indulgence. The accompanying essay examines the underlying structural principles of Loose Id, focusing on how they aid the creation of the overall experience of the piece. Particular attention is given to the concepts of linearity and nonlinearity and their roles in different levels of creative and listening processes.
- Physical Description: 21, 32 leaves : music
- Keyword: id
- Keyword: music
- Keyword: orchestra
- Keyword: composition
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Orchestral music -- Scores.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Id (Psychology) -- Songs and music.
Name: UNT Theses and DissertationsCode: UNTETD
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: Copyright is held by the author, unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.
- Rights Holder: Steven Bryant
- Thesis or Dissertation
- Call Number: 379 N81 no.7271
- UNT Catalog No.: b1989523
- Accession or Local Control No: 1002656675-bryant
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc278090
- Degree Level: Master's
- Degree Grantor: University of North Texas
- Degree Name: Master of Music
- Academic Department: Division of Composition Studies
- Degree Discipline: Composition