Identification of Endogenous Substrates for ADP-Ribosylation in Rat Liver Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Identification of Endogenous Substrates for ADP-Ribosylation in Rat Liver
Author: Loflin, Paul T. (Paul Tracey)Creator Type: Personal
Chair: Jacobson, MyronContributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Major Professor
Committee Member: Norton, S. J.Contributor Type: Personal
Committee Member: Masaracchia, Ruthann A.Contributor Type: Personal
Committee Member: Benjamin, Robert C.Contributor Type: Personal
Committee Member: Wu, Edward Ming-chi, 1938-Contributor Type: Personal
Name: University of North TexasPlace of Publication: Denton, Texas
- Creation: 1992-05
- Content Description: Bacterial toxins have been shown to modify animal cell proteins in vivo with ADPR. Animal cells also contain endogenous enzymes that can modify proteins. Indirect evidence for the existence in vivo of rat liver proteins modified by ADPR on arginine residues has been reported previously. Presented here is direct evidence for the existence of ADP-ribosylarginine in rat liver proteins. Proteins were subjected to exhaustive protease digestion and ADP-ribosyl amino acids were isolated by boronate chromatography.
- Physical Description: xiii, 202 : ill.
- Keyword: ADP
- Keyword: proteins
- Keyword: rat livers
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Adenosine diphosphate ribose.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Proteins -- Metabolism.
Name: UNT Theses and DissertationsCode: UNTETD
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: copyright
- Rights Statement: Copyright is held by the author, unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.
- Rights Holder: Loflin, Paul T. (Paul Tracey)
- Thesis or Dissertation
- Call Number: 379 N81d no.3528
- UNT Catalog No.: b1657600
- Accession or Local Control No: 1002717927-loflin
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc277847
- Degree Level: Doctoral
- Degree Grantor: University of North Texas
- Degree Name: Doctor of Philosophy
- Academic Department: Department of Biochemistry
- Degree Discipline: Biochemistry