Group Decision-Making in Computer-Supported Cooperative Work Environments Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Group Decision-Making in Computer-Supported Cooperative Work Environments
Author: Ayala-Bush, Mary T. (Mary Theresa)Creator Type: Personal
Chair: Young, Jon I.Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Major Professor
Committee Member: Schamber, LindaContributor Type: Personal
Committee Member: Schlieve, Paul L.Contributor Type: Personal
Committee Member: Spink, AmandaContributor Type: Personal
Name: University of North TexasPlace of Publication: Denton, Texas
- Creation: 1998-08
- Content Description: Computer-Support Cooperative Work (CSCW) reflects the change in emphasis from using computers to solve problems to using computers to facilitate human interactions. Most studies, however, have focused on the use of the technology rather than on the human-human interaction (HHI) in these environments due to: the varied perspectives of the investigators; and the lack of a consistent variables. Although numerous studies exist on a variety of products, only limited research has been conducted with the most prevalent of the technologies in the marketplace, Lotus Notes™. This field study, conducted using Lotus Notes™, operationalizes a model proposed, but not tested, for the study of group decision-making in CSCW environments put forth by Kraemer and Pinsonneault (1990). This study examines the use of CSCW in the group decision-making process, the participation rate for group decision-making in CSCW environments, and the criteria for determining quality in group decisions in CSCW environments. The study also proposes a new perspective for examining technology using the human context, recommends extensions for the group study framework and explores areas for future research.
- Physical Description: viii, 117 leaves : ill.
- Keyword: computers
- Keyword: human interactions
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Group decision making -- Computer networks.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Lotus Notes.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Management -- Communication systems.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Groupware (Computer software)
Name: UNT Theses and DissertationsCode: UNTETD
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: copyright
- Rights Statement: Copyright is held by the author, unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.
- Rights Holder: Ayala-Bush, Mary T. (Mary Theresa)
- Thesis or Dissertation
- Call Number: 379 N81d no.4662
- UNT Catalog No.: b2111980
- Accession or Local Control No: 1002659092-ayala-bush
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc277771
- Degree Level: Doctoral
- Degree Grantor: University of North Texas
- Degree Name: Doctor of Philosophy
- Academic Department: Program in Information Sciences
- Degree Discipline: Information Science