Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Calotte
Designer: Derrieux, AnnabelleCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Derrieux, Annabelle (b. ca.1923, Texas, USA - d. 1979, Dallas, Texas, USA) was known to be active in the 1930s and 1940s.
Donor: Krueger, JackContributor Type: Personal
- Creation: 1955~
- No Language
- Content Description: Hat of black felt. Styled as a calotte (also spelled "calot"), the low domed crown has a velvet-like appearance. At front, the edge turns up and back, and is covered with black seed beads. At right side is a group of 7" long fine black stripped feathers accented with 5 red wires. Unlined, with inner black grosgrain ribbon hatband. Designer's label sewn to inside headband: "Designed for you / by / Derrieux". Stamped inside of crown: "[coat of arms] / Ruth / Made in Czechoslovakia"
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Hats (Headgear)
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Hats
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1955~
- Place Name: Czech Republic
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Dallas County - Dallas
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1987.017.001
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc277132