Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Boots
Manufacturer: Hanan & SonCreator Type: OrganizationCreator Info: Hanan & Son (New York, New York, USA) (est. ca.1854 by James Hanan, added "& Son" ca.1882 when John Henry Hanan joined firm. Active through 1922)
Donor: Cullen, KathyContributor Type: Personal
- Creation: 191u
- No Language
- Content Description: Pair of lady's boots or "High Button Shoes" of bright tan leather. The shoes, designed with pointed toes, are of tan leather which close along center front with laces, 19 holes high. Medium/high heels styled as a modified boulevard or Louis heel, with rounded sides and back, flaring to base, and with curved front section. Heels covered with matching leather. Sole of tan leather. Stamped on lining: "I52 5505 K" Stamped on sole: "Hanan & Son / New York" around circular device "Trade Mark / Hanan".
- Physical Description: Measurements: L: 24 cm. W: 7 cm. H: 26 cm. Heel: 6 cm, (2 1/2")
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Shoes (Footwear)
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Boots (Footwear)
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Shoes
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 191u
- Place Name: United States - New York - New York City
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 2012.016.005
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc277112