Toque Hat Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Toque Hat
- Series Title Dallas Museum of Fashion Collection
Designer: Mr. JohnCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Mr. John (b. Munich, Germany, ca. 1902 as John Harberger, changed name ca. 1929 to John Frederics, changed name again ca. 1948 to John P. John, d. New York, New York, USA, 1993)
Donor: Marcus, Nancy F.Contributor Type: Personal
- Creation: 1955?
- No Language
- Content Description: a) Toque of red/orange and yellow print wool. Two hatpins with spherical heads covered in material matching toque and head scarf. Lined in white with "Mr John" pattern in gold. Designer' label on inside hatband with rhinestone studded, tabbed ends: "Mr. John" b) Scarf of matching material with large square of lattice work crochet netting of red/orange in middle of scarf to provide veiled effect. Designer's label: "Mr. John"
- Physical Description: Measurements: L: 19 cm W: 18 cm H: 12 cm
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Hats (Headgear)
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Hats
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: [1950..1959]
- Place Name: United States
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1970.017.002
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc277084
- Display Note: This object was part of the Dallas Museum of Fashion collection. Founded in 1960 by the Fashion Group, Inc. of Dallas, the collection comprised important items of historic and current fashion. It was housed in the Apparel Mart, Dallas, and operated as the Dallas Museum of Fashion from 1960 until 1971. It moved to what was then North Texas State University in 1972, and became the Texas Fashion Collection.