Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Hat
- Added Title Toque Hat
- Series Title Dallas Museum of Fashion Collection
Designer: Hodge, G. HowardCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Hodge, G. Howard (b. California, USA, ca. 1892 - d. New York, New York, USA, 1966)
Donor: Murchison, Jr., Mrs. ClintContributor Type: Personal
Retailer: Jacque-LynnContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Jacque-Lynn (Washington D.C.)
Former owner: Johnson, Lady BirdContributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Claudia Alta "Lady Bird" Taylor Johnson (b. Karnack, Texas, USA, Dec. 22, 1912 - d. West Lake Hills, Texas, USA, July 11, 2007), wife of Lyndon B. Johnson, 36th President of the United States, November 22, 1963 – January 20, 1969.
- Creation: 1960/1965
- No Language
- Content Description: Hat of straw. Designed in the style of a toque with a deep crown and an under-structure of woven natural flat straw overlaid with a thin bands of plaited yellow natural straw knotted at intervals. Near the base of the crown is a protruding section forming a very thin, high brim. Around the main section of the brim is a coral/salmon pink band of chiffon crepe, tied at back and with trailing ends. Hat is unlined with inner hatband of yellow grosgrain ribbon. Designer's label at inside back: "Original Model / G. Howard Hodge / New York" Retailer's label at inside back: "Jacque-Lynn / Washington, D.C."
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Hats (Headgear)
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Hats
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1960/1965
- Place Name: United States - Washington D.C.
- Place Name: United States - New York - New York City
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1965.042.001
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc277066
- Display Note: Gift of Mrs. Clint Murchison, Jr. Acquired by Mrs. Murchison at the 1965 Les Femmes Du Monde sale. Donated to LFDM sale by First Lady Ladybird Johnson. The hat was worn by Mrs. Johnson during her tenure as Second Lady, wife of Vice President Lyndon B. Johnson. A photograph by Robert L. Knudsen at the JFK Presidential Library and Museum (Accession Number KN-21386) shows Mrs. Johnson wearing the hat at a Congressional Club Luncheon held in honor of Jacqueline Kennedy on May 3, 1962.
- Display Note: This object was part of the Dallas Museum of Fashion collection. Founded in 1960 by the Fashion Group, Inc. of Dallas, the collection comprised important items of historic and current fashion. It was housed in the Apparel Mart, Dallas, and operated as the Dallas Museum of Fashion from 1960 until 1971. It moved to what was then North Texas State University in 1972, and became the Texas Fashion Collection.