Beaded Purse Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Beaded Purse
- Series Title Dallas Museum of Fashion Collection
Donor: Lehmann, Mrs. Charles L.Contributor Type: Personal
- Creation: 1914
- No Language
- Content Description: Handbag of multicolored glass beads in floral garden pattern with birds. Silver metal frame in rectangular shape with red jeweled snap closure. Bag has rounded corners at bottom, transparent beaded fringe and chain handle. Pink satin lining. Trimmed with bead fringe.
- Physical Description: Measurements: 28 cm from top of clasp to bottom of bag; 23 cm across middle of bag.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Purses (Ladies' Accessories)
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1914
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1965.020.035
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc277012
- Display Note: This object was part of the Dallas Museum of Fashion collection. Founded in 1960 by the Fashion Group, Inc. of Dallas, the collection comprised important items of historic and current fashion. It was housed in the Apparel Mart, Dallas, and operated as the Dallas Museum of Fashion from 1960 until 1971. It moved to what was then North Texas State University in 1972, and became the Texas Fashion Collection.