Federal Health Centers Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Federal Health Centers
Author: Heisler, Elayne J.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Analyst in Health Services
Name: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.Additional Info: Congressional Research Service, Library of Congress
- Creation: 2013-12-24
- Content Description: This report provides an overview of the federal health center program including its statutory authority, program requirements, and appropriation levels. The report then describes health centers in general, where they are located, their patient population, and some outcomes associated with health center use. It also describes some federal programs available to assist health center operations including the FQHC designation for Medicare and Medicaid payments. The report concludes with a brief discussion of issues for Congress such as the potential effect of the ACA on health centers, the health center workforce, and financial considerations for health centers in the context of changing federal and state budgets.
- Physical Description: 47 pages.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Health facilities
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Federal budgets
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Medical centers
- Item is not a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States
Name: Congressional Research Service ReportsCode: CRSR
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- CRS Report Number: R42433
- Accession or Local Control No: R42433_2013Dec24
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc276862