Societal Impacts Program (SIP) Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Societal Impacts Program (SIP)
Author: National Center for Atmospheric Research (U.S.)Creator Type: OrganizationCreator Info: The Societal Impacts Program is also known as the Collaborative Program on the Societal and Economic Benefits of Weather Information, and is located within National Center for Atmospheric Research.
Author: University Corporation for Atmospheric ResearchCreator Type: Organization
- Creation: 2013
- Harvested: 2012-04-05
- Content Description: This is the website for the Societal Impacts Program (SIP), located within the National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR). The SIP's overarching goal is to help society benefit from current and emerging forecasting capabilities by integrating social science into weather research and applications through cutting-edge research and capacity building. The website includes information about the SIP's research projects and publications.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Weather forecasting
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Atmospheric research
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Meteorological research
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Global climate change
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Natural disasters
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Climate -- Research.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Natural disasters -- Environmental aspects.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Weather forecasting -- Research -- United States.
- Keyword: climate research
- Keyword: natural disasters
- Keyword: weather impact
- Keyword: weather forecasting
- Item is not a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States
- Place Name: United States - Colorado - Boulder County - Boulder
- Start Date: 2010
- End Date: 2013-04-01
Name: CyberCemeteryCode: GDCC
Name: UNT Libraries Digital Projects UnitCode: UNTDP
- URL: http://cybercemetery.unt.edu/archive/societalimpacts/20120405202836/http://www.sip.ucar.edu/
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc270766