An Examination of Federal Disaster Relief Under the Budget Control Act Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title An Examination of Federal Disaster Relief Under the Budget Control Act
Author: Lindsay, Bruce R.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Analyst in American National Government
Author: Painter, William L.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Analyst in Emergency Management and Homeland Security Policy
Author: McCarthy, Francis X.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Analyst in Emergency Management Policy
Name: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2013-11-08
- Content Description: This report addresses traditional funding for major disaster declarations, workings of the President's Disaster Relief Fund, a basic overview of how disaster assistance is appropriated, what factors affect how much the federal government spends on disasters, how disaster relief is impacted by the Budget Control Act (BCA) of 2011, and what the policy implications are for disaster assistance under the constraints of the BCA, and the increasing number of disaster declarations and both the possible causes and likely cost implications of a greater number of declarations.
- Physical Description: 22 pages.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Fiscal policy
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Budgets
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Government spending
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Emergency management
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Disasters
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Disaster relief
- Item is not a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States
Name: Congressional Research Service ReportsCode: CRSR
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- CRS Report Number: R42352
- Accession or Local Control No: R42352_2013Nov08
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc267798