Iraq: Politics, Elections, and Benchmarks Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Iraq: Politics, Elections, and Benchmarks
Author: Katzman, KennethCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Specialist in Middle Eastern Affairs
Name: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2009-06-02
- Content Description: This report discusses Iraq's political system, which has been restructured through a U.S.-supported election process. The Iraqi government is increasingly characterized by peaceful competition rather than violence, but sectarianism and ethnic and factional infighting still remain. This report discusses issues relating to opponents of the Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki and also discusses the atmosphere of nationwide provincial elections. The report also addresses the Obama Administration's plan to reduce the U.S. troop presence in Iraq by August 2010 and briefly addresses the Iranian influence in Iraq.
- Physical Description: 13 pages.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Foreign policy
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Foreign relations - U.S. - Iraq
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Foreign relations - Iraq - U.S.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Politics and government
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Politics and government - Iraq
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Elections - Iraq
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: International affairs
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Political violence
- Place Name: Iraq
- Place Name: Iran
Name: Congressional Research Service ReportsCode: CRSR
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- CRS Report Number: RS21968
- Accession or Local Control No: RS21968_2009Jun02
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc26326