Assistance to Firefighters Program: Distribution of Fire Grant Funding Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Assistance to Firefighters Program: Distribution of Fire Grant Funding
Author: Kruger, Lennard G.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Specialist in Science and Technology Policy
Name: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2009-06-18
- Content Description: The Assistance to Firefighters Grant (AFG) Program, also known as fire grants or the FIRE Act grant program, was established by the FY2001 National Defense Authorization Act. The fire grant program is now in its ninth year. Over $4.8 billion has been appropriated to the fire grant program since FY2001. This report discusses the inception of this program, as well as current supplemental legislation and proposed funding, which is already projected to provoke negative criticism from the fire community for being inadequate.
- Physical Description: 14 pages.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Emergency management
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Fires
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Fire fighters
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Fire departments
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Budgets
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Federal budgets
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Grants-in-aid
Name: Congressional Research Service ReportsCode: CRSR
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- CRS Report Number: RL32341
- Accession or Local Control No: RL32341_2009Jun18
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc26215