The 2009 Influenza Pandemic: An Overview Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title The 2009 Influenza Pandemic: An Overview
Author: Lister, Sarah A.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Specialist in Public Health and Engineering
Author: Redhead, C. StephenCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Specialist in Health Policy
Name: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2009-06-12
- Content Description: This report first provides a synopsis of key events, actions taken, and authorities invoked by WHO, the U.S. federal government, and state and local governments. It then discusses the WHO process to determine the phase of a flu pandemic, and selected actions taken by the Departments of Homeland Security and Health and Human Services, and by state and local authorities. Next, it lists congressional hearings held to date, and provides information about appropriations and funding for pandemic flu activities. Finally, it summarizes U.S. government pandemic flu planning documents and lists sources for additional information about the situation as it unfolds.
- Physical Description: 26 pages.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Health policy
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Emergency management
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Public health
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: World health
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Medicine
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Epidemics
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Influenza
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Swine influenza
- Place Name: Mexico
- Coverage Date: 2009
Name: Congressional Research Service ReportsCode: CRSR
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- CRS Report Number: R40554
- Accession or Local Control No: R40554_2009Jun12
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc26151