The Assault Weapons Ban: Review of Federal Laws Controlling Possessions of Certain Firearms Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title The Assault Weapons Ban: Review of Federal Laws Controlling Possessions of Certain Firearms
Author: Schrader, DorothyCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: American Law Division
Name: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 1995-12-01
- Content Description: This report reviews the 1994 assault weapons ban, which is effective for ten years on 19 types of semiautomatic assault weapons. The Act builds upon a 60-year history of federal regulation of firearms. The report also summarizes the pre-1994 federal gun control laws, analyzes the major cases relating to constitutional and statutory challenges to these laws, and reviews judicial and legislative developments since enactment of the ban.
- Physical Description: 20 pages.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Weapons systems
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Assault weapons
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Firearms
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Firearms control
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Firearms - Law and legislation
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Constitution
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Constitutional law
Name: Congressional Research Service ReportsCode: CRSR
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Accession or Local Control No: 95-108_1995Dec01
- CRS Report Number: 95-108
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc26068