Scientific Collections: Mission-Critical Infrastructure for Federal Science Agencies Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Scientific Collections: Mission-Critical Infrastructure for Federal Science Agencies
National Science and Technology Council (U.S.). Committee on Science, Interagency Working Group on Scientific Collections.
Name: United States. Office of Science and Technology PolicyPlace of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2008-12-23
- Content Description: This report describes the nature and state of federally-held scientific collections which exist for scientific study to provide insight about historical trends in biodiversity, climate, and ecosystems.
- Physical Description: 49 p. : col. ill.
- Keyword: biodiversity
- Keyword: biodiversity collections
- Keyword: food security
- Keyword: extinct species
- Place Name: United States
Name: Environmental Policy CollectionCode: ESDC
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- URL: http://www.whitehouse.gov/files/documents/ostp/NSTC%20Reports/Revision_1-22_09_CL.pdf
- ISBN: 978-0-9819500-0-6
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc25984
- Display Note: [harvested: 2010-04-01]