Spatial Analysis of Atrazine in the Elm Fork Watershed Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Spatial Analysis of Atrazine in the Elm Fork Watershed
Author: Ochandio, Mario RobertoCreator Type: Personal
Chair: Waller, William T.Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Major Professor
Committee Member: Ji, MinheContributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Minor Professor
Committee Member: Atkinson, Samuel F.Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Minor Professor
Name: University of North TexasPlace of Publication: Denton, Texas
- Creation: 2000-05
- Content Description: This study assessed the water quality of the Elm Fork Watershed with regards to the herbicide Atrazine. Atrazine is a potential environmental endocrine disruptor and carcinogen. Overall, concentrations were lower than the four-quarter drinking water average of 3 µg/Lthe Maximum Contaminant Level set by the USEPA. However, three creek stations had four-quarter average concentrations greater than 3 µg/L, and virtually all samples exceeded the 0.1 µg/L standard set in Europe [1,2]. Statistically significant differences in concentrations were detected between the 27 sampling stations and areas of high concentrations were identified. However correlations between Atrazine concentrations and land-use and precipitation were not statistically significant. Further analysis with more detailed data should be conducted before any relationships are discarded.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Water quality -- Texas -- Elm Fork Region.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Atrazine -- Texas -- Elm Fork Region.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Elm Fork Region (Tex.) -- Environmental conditions.
- Keyword: Elm Fork Watershed
- Keyword: water quality
- Keyword: atrazine
Name: UNT Theses and DissertationsCode: UNTETD
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: copyright
- Rights Holder: Ochandio, Mario Roberto
- Rights Statement: Copyright is held by the author, unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.
- Thesis or Dissertation
- OCLC: 47186285
- UNT Catalog No.: b2300779
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc2510
- Degree Name: Master of Science
- Degree Level: Master's
- Degree Discipline: Environmental Science
- Academic Department: Department of Biological Sciences
- Degree Grantor: University of North Texas