Analysis and Development of Post Secondary Curriculum on Sustainability Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Analysis and Development of Post Secondary Curriculum on Sustainability
Author: White, Miki MachellCreator Type: Personal
Chair: Dickson, Kenneth L.Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Major Professor
Committee Member: La Point, Thomas W.Contributor Type: Personal
Committee Member: Waller, William T.Contributor Type: Personal
Name: University of North TexasPlace of Publication: Denton, Texas
- Creation: 2000-05
- Content Description: This thesis examines existing curricula at colleges and universities about sustainability and uses results to develop an introductory post secondary course curriculum. The proposed course is organized around three major elements - - science, philosophy, and economics - - all integral to understanding sustainability. Materials needed to teach the proposed 3-semester hour course including syllabus, teaching modules, transparencies, handouts, and exams were developed. Suggestions on how to teach a one-semester hour course on sustainability and a workshop on sustainability are also presented. The following research and curriculum development was a project established and funded by the Texas Energy Office, Renewable Resources and Sustainability Program.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Environmental sciences -- Study and teaching (Higher).
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Sustainable development -- Study and teaching (Higher).
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Environmental education.
- Keyword: Sustainability
- Keyword: Texas Energy Office.
- Keyword: Science curricula
Name: UNT Theses and DissertationsCode: UNTETD
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: copyright
- Rights Holder: White, Miki Machell
- Rights Statement: Copyright is held by the author, unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.
- Thesis or Dissertation
- OCLC: 49937874
- UNT Catalog No.: b2374894
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc2488
- Degree Name: Master of Science
- Degree Level: Master's
- Degree Discipline: Environmental Science
- Academic Department: Department of Biological Sciences
- Degree Grantor: University of North Texas