Base Input - Detroit Arsenal, MI Page: 1 of 31
The following text was automatically extracted from the image on this page using optical character recognition software:
Program Executive Officer for
Ground Combat Systems (GCS)
Who We Are
We serve as the "System of Systems Integrator" of the Ground Combat Systems for
the armed forces and lead the Army Transformation toward future systems as we
evolve to the Objective Force while maintaining a current combat ready force. Our
Abrams tanks, Bradley Fighting Vehicles and Paladins provide battlefield superiority in
Iraq. The Future Combat Systems, the Stryker family, the Joint Lightweight 155mm
Howitzer and Unmanned Ground Vehicles are evolving toward the Stryker and
Objective Forces. We maintain an armed forces perspective in managing the
development, acquisition, testing, systems integration, product improvement and
fielding required to ensure programs meet cost, schedule and performance goals.
What We Do
* Provide resources (time, personnel, budget authority, space and information
products) for subordinate PM program efforts.
* Implement DoD policies for acquisition reform and streamlining.
* Optimize development, acquisition and logistics business processes.
* Understand and anticipate user needs and translate those needs into effective
project offices fully capable to provide acquisition direction and execution.
* Minimize time required to translate operational requirements into validated and
verified operational capabilities.
* Foster the infrastructure necessary to provide ready, responsive, reliable and cost
effective support to meet higher command and supported user community needs
and exceed their expectations.
* Recruit, develop, train and retain a world class workforce that is fully competent,
resourceful, diverse, values based, empowered and intolerant of discrimination.
* Have fun in what we do and pride in the services we provide.
www.peogcs.army.mil (August 2003)
Systems Integrator for the Armed Forces of Today and Tomorrow
Here’s what’s next.
This text can be searched. Note: Results may vary based on the legibility of text within the document.
Tools / Downloads
Get a copy of this page or view the extracted text.
Citing and Sharing
Basic information for referencing this web page. We also provide extended guidance on usage rights, references, copying or embedding.
Reference the current page of this Text.
United States. Defense Base Closure and Realignment Commission. Base Input - Detroit Arsenal, MI, text, November 30, 2005; (digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc24617/m1/1/: accessed June 24, 2018), University of North Texas Libraries, Digital Library, digital.library.unt.edu; crediting UNT Libraries Government Documents Department.