"You buy 'em, we'll fly 'em!" : defense bonds, stamps. Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title "You buy 'em, we'll fly 'em!" : defense bonds, stamps.
- Series Title Defense Savings Staff [poster] (United States. Defense Savings Staff) ; 178.
- Alternate Title The more bonds you buy--the more planes will fly
- Series Title American War Posters
Artist: Wilkinsons.Creator Type: Personal
Author: United States. Dept. of the Treasury.Creator Type: Organization
Artist: Wilkinson, J. Walter.Creator Type: Personal
Artist: Wilkinson, Walter G.Creator Type: Personal
Name: United States. Government Printing Office.Place of Publication: [Washington D.C.]
- Creation: 1942
- Content Description: Flyer in khaki uniform and helmet with goggles sits in cockpit of plane giving "thumbs up" sign. A formation of U.S. Army planes flies overhead. In the background is a hangar with plane and personnel.
- Physical Description: 1 poster : col. ; 36 x 26 cm.
- Keyword: war finance
- Keyword: defense bonds
- Keyword: defense stamps
- Keyword: pilot
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Savings bonds -- United States -- Posters -- Specimens.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: War posters, American -- 1939-1945 -- Specimens.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: World War, 1939-1945 -- United States -- Posters -- Specimens.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: World War, 1939-1945 -- Finance -- United States -- Posters -- Specimens.
- Keyword: airplanes
- Keyword: civilian responsibility
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: World War, 1939-1945 -- Economic aspects -- United States -- Posters -- Specimens.
- Keyword: defense savings stamps
- Item is a Primary Source
Name: World War Poster CollectionCode: WWPC
Name: World War Two CollectionCode: WWII
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Rights Access: public
- Accession or Local Control No: Database No. 514
- Government Documents No.: T 1.107:Y 8/3
- Call Number: Posters WW2 Wilkinsons 1
- OCLC: 12620315
- UNT Catalog No.: b2850083
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc243
- Display Note: "Form D.S.S. 178" "U.S. Government Printing Office : 1942-O-436100" Round emblem at lower right corner of picture contains image of Concord Minute Man statue with slogan, "The more bonds you buy--the more planes will fly". A modern reproduction of this poster, in a different size, is available at the UNT Libraries. (Historical Collection no. Y2021). Listed in 1942 Monthly Catalog, p. 710. Cataloged in the UNT Libraries' shelflist card file.
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: 7 creationHardware: Vidar Latitude