2005 Base Closure and Realignment Commission Process Briefing Page: 4 of 26
The following text was automatically extracted from the image on this page using optical character recognition software:
Defense Base Closure and
Force Structure Plan
* Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff, provided a long-term Forc
* Based on analysis of current and future threats, challenge
and opportunities for a 20-year period
* Submitted in classified and unclassified versions
* Developed through detailed analysis since the 2001
Quadrennial Defense Review
* Defines the overall mix of force structure capabilities, size
posture, patterns of activity, readiness and surge capacity
* Capability determination based on a range of scenarios
Here’s what’s next.
This text can be searched. Note: Results may vary based on the legibility of text within the document.
Tools / Downloads
Get a copy of this page or view the extracted text.
Citing and Sharing
Basic information for referencing this web page. We also provide extended guidance on usage rights, references, copying or embedding.
Reference the current page of this Text.
United States. Defense Base Closure and Realignment Commission. 2005 Base Closure and Realignment Commission Process Briefing, text, October 20, 2005; (digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc24104/m1/4/: accessed September 23, 2018), University of North Texas Libraries, Digital Library, digital.library.unt.edu; crediting UNT Libraries Government Documents Department.