Le mariage d'Antonio. Divertissement en un acte et en prose Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Le mariage d'Antonio. Divertissement en un acte et en prose
- Uniform Title Mariage d'Antonio
- Added Title Bibliothèque universelle des romans
Composer: Grétry, LucileCreator Type: Personal
Name: Chez HoubautPlace of Publication: Paris
- Creation: 1786
- Digitized: 2009-03-18
- Physical Description: score (62 p.) 34 cm.
- Content Description: Lucile Grétry’s opera Le mariage d’Antonio premiered in Paris when she was a mere fourteen years old. As the second daughter of André-Ernest-Modeste Grétry, she was afforded lessons at a young age in counterpoint and declamation. Her father supplied the orchestral parts for her comédie mêlée d’ariettes after Lucile had composed the vocal, bass, and harp parts. Although Le mariage d’Antonio was a modest success, Lucile’s second endeavor, a divertissement mêlée d’ariettes entitled Toinette et Louis (1787), did not receive the same positive attention. The young composer died from tuberculosis before she could establish herself further at the Comédie-Italienne.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Operas -- Scores.
- Other: Comédie mêlée dariettes
- Item is a Primary Source
Name: Virtual Music Rare Book RoomCode: VRBR
Name: UNT Music LibraryCode: UNTML
- Rights Access: public
- Musical Score/Notation
- UNT Catalog No.: b2216551
- OCLC: 21350406
- RISM No.: RISM A/I, G 4582
- Call Number: M1500.G74 E7 1784
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc24