Appraising our digital investment : sustainability of digitized special collections in ARL libraries Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Appraising our digital investment : sustainability of digitized special collections in ARL libraries
Author: Maron, NancyCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Ithaka S+R
Author: Pickle, SarahCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Ithaka S+R
Sponsor: Association of Research LibrariesContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Web: http://www.arl.org/
Name: Association of Research LibrariesPlace of Publication: Washington, DCAdditional Info: Web: http://www.arl.org/
Name: Ithaka S+RPlace of Publication: New York, NYAdditional Info: Web: http://www.sr.ithaka.org/
- Creation: 2013-02
- Content Description: Sponsored by the Association of Research Libraries (ARL) and conducted by Ithaka S+R, this study provides insight into how ARL libraries are managing and funding the hundreds of digitized special collections they have created and that they believe to be critical to their futures. This is the first survey of ARL institutions that specifically attempts to understand and benchmark the activities and costs of supporting these collections after they are created. By looking at questions of management, costs, funding sources, impact, and outreach, the survey offers data that will deliver insight to all those engaged in sustaining digitized special collections.
- Physical Description: 49 p. : col. ill.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Research libraries -- Special collections -- Digitization -- United States.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Research libraries -- Collection development.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Digital libraries.
- Keyword: digitization
- Keyword: digital resources
Name: General CollectionCode: UNTGC
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- Rights Access: public
- Rights Holder: Association of Research Libraries (ARL)
- Rights License: by-nc-sa
- Rights Statement: This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-‐NonCommercial-‐ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/ or send a letter to Creative Commons, 171 Second Street, Suite 300, San Francisco, California, 94105, USA.
- OCLC: 828938914
- URL: http://www.arl.org/bm~doc/digitizing-special-collections-report-21feb13.pdf
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc234942