Library Publishing Directory 2014 Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Library Publishing Directory 2014
Editor: Lippincott, Sarah K.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Editor's-email: email@example.com
Author of introduction, etc.: Halbert, MartinContributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Co-author of Foreword (University of North Texas)
Author of introduction, etc.: Mullins, JamesContributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Co-author of Foreword (Purdue University)
Author of introduction, etc.: Walters, TylerContributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Co-author of Foreword (Virginia Tech)
Author of introduction, etc.: Skinner, KatherineContributor Type: Personal
Author of introduction, etc.: Watkinson, CharlesContributor Type: Personal
Name: Library Publishing CoalitionPlace of Publication: Atlanta, GAAdditional Info: Web: www.librarypublishing.org
- Creation: 2013-09-26
- Content Description: The first edition of the Library Publishing Directory provides a snapshot of the publishing activities of 115 academic and research libraries, including information about the number and types of publications they produce, the services they offer authors, how they are staffed and funded, and the future plans of institutions that are engaged in this emerging field. In documenting the breadth and depth of activities in this field, this resource aims to articulate the unique value of library publishing; establish it as a significant and growing community of practice; and to raise its visibility within a number of stakeholder communities, including administrators, funding agencies, other scholarly publishers, librarians, and content creators. Specifically it is hoped that this Directory will: • Introduce all readers to the emerging field of library publishing and help articulate its unique characteristics as a distinctive "publishing field." • Facilitate collaboration among library publishers and other publishing entities, especially the university presses and learned societies that share their values. • Alert authors of scholarly content to a range of potential publishing partners dedicated to supporting their experimentation with new forms of scholarly communication and open access business models. The Directory is also available Open Access in several electronic formats through www.librarypublishing.org.
- Physical Description: XiV, 244 p.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Libraries -- Directories.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Libraries -- United States -- Directories.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Libraries -- Canada -- Directories.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Publishers and publishing -- United States -- Directories.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Publishers and publishing -- Canada -- Directories.
- Keyword: directories
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Scholarly publishing -- United States -- Directories.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Scholarly publishing -- Canada -- Directories.
Name: General CollectionCode: UNTGC
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- Rights Access: public
- Rights Holder: Library Publishing Coalition
- Rights License: copyright
- Rights Statement: CC BY 3.0 2013 BY LIBRARY PUBLISHING COALITION. 978-0-98991-182-5 (EPDF)
- ISBN: 0989911802
- ISBN: 978-0989911801
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc234934