Research Data Management Principles, Practices, and Prospects Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Research Data Management Principles, Practices, and Prospects
Author: Asher, AndrewCreator Type: Personal
Author: Deards, KiyomiCreator Type: Personal
Author: Esteva, MariaCreator Type: Personal
Author: Halbert, MartinCreator Type: Personal
Author: Jahnke, LoriCreator Type: Personal
Author: Jordan, ChrisCreator Type: Personal
Author: Keralis, Spencer D. C.Creator Type: Personal
Author: Kulasekaran, Sivakumar (Siva)Creator Type: Personal
Author: Moen, William E.Creator Type: Personal
Author: Stark, ShannonCreator Type: Personal
Author: Urban, TomislavCreator Type: Personal
Author: Walling, DavidCreator Type: Personal
Sponsor: Council on Library and Information ResourcesContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Web: http://www.clir.org
Sponsor: DataResContributor Type: Organization
Name: Council on Library and Information ResourcesPlace of Publication: Washington, DCAdditional Info: Web: http://www.clir.org
- Creation: 2013-11
- Content Description: This report examines how research institutions are responding to data management requirements of the National Science Foundation, National Institutes of Health, and other federal agencies. It also considers what role, if any, academic libraries and the library and information science profession should have in supporting researchers’ data management needs. University of North Texas (UNT) Library Director Martin Halbert opens the report with an overview of the DataRes Project, a two-year investigation of data management practices conducted at UNT with colleagues Spencer D. C. Keralis, Shannon Stark, and William E. Moen. His introduction is followed by a series of papers that were presented at the DataRes Symposium that UNT organized in December 2012.
- Physical Description: Viii, 99 p. : col. ill.
- Keyword: Research Data
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Research libraries.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Digital libraries.
- Keyword: open access
- Keyword: Open Data Manifesto
- Keyword: Denton Declaration
Name: General CollectionCode: UNTGC
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- Rights Access: public
- Rights Holder: Council on Library and Information Resources
- Rights License: by-sa
- Rights Statement: Copyright © 2013 by Council on Library and Information Resources. This work is made available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 license, http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/.
- ISBN: 978-1-932326-47-5
- URL: http://www.clir.org/pubs/reports/pub160/pub160.pdf
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc234929