Navy Ohio Replacement (SSBN[X]) Ballistic Missile Submarine Program: Background and Issues for Congress Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Navy Ohio Replacement (SSBN[X]) Ballistic Missile Submarine Program: Background and Issues for Congress
Author: O'Rourke, RonaldCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Specialist in Naval Affairs
Name: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2013-09-25
- Content Description: This report discusses the Navy's plan to develop and design a class of 12 next-generation ballistic missile submarines, or SSBN(X)s, as replacements for the 14 Ohio class SSBNs currently in operation. The report explores certain related issues for Congress, including the affordability of the project and its potential impact on other Navy shipbuilding programs, alternatives to the program, and which shipyard or shipyards will build the proposed ships.
- Physical Description: 51 pages.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Weapons systems
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Submarines
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Ballistic missiles
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Shipbuilding
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Transportation
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Defense policy
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Navy -- U.S.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Defense economics
- Item is not a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States
Name: Congressional Research Service ReportsCode: CRSR
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- CRS Report Number: R41129
- Accession or Local Control No: R41129_2013Sep25
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc227663