The "8(a) Program" for Small Businesses Owned and Controlled by the Socially and Economically Disadvantaged: Legal Requirements and Issues Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title The "8(a) Program" for Small Businesses Owned and Controlled by the Socially and Economically Disadvantaged: Legal Requirements and Issues
Author: Manuel, Kate M.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Legislative Attorney
Author: Luckey, John R.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Legislative Attorney
Name: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2012-10-12
- Content Description: This report provides a brief history of the 8(a) Program, summarizes key requirements, and discusses legal challenges alleging that the program's presumption that members of certain racial and ethnic groups are socially disadvantaged violates the constitutional guarantee of equal protection.
- Physical Description: 33 pages.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Small business
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Business
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Minorities
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Minority business enterprises
- Item is not a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States
Name: Congressional Research Service ReportsCode: CRSR
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- CRS Report Number: R40744
- Accession or Local Control No: R40744_2012Oct12
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc227649