Army Installations and State Action Papers - Puerto Rico Page: 1 of 8
The following text was automatically extracted from the image on this page using optical character recognition software:
Predecisional --- For Official Use Only --- Not for Release under FOIA
* 3 Armed Forces Reserve Center * Close 1 Army Reserve Center
* Close 4 National Guard Readiness Centers with State permission
* 1 new Armed Force Reserve Center * Army Contracting Agency Southern Hemisphere Region Headquarters to Ft
Army Net Personnel Impacts Active Army MILCON ($M) Army Economic Impact ($M)
Military Civilian Student Cost Estimate Total State Salary Change
-9 -47 0 $26.3 -$3.2
* Ft Buchanan is a centralized location for the Command and Control and the Logistical Support Platform for
all Army Reserve forces in Puerto Rico.
* The ACA Southern Region Office is relocating to Fort Sam Houston to consolidate with the ACA Southern
Hemisphere Region office that is relocating from Fort Buchanan.
* Closing RC facilities is offset by the construction of modern AFRCs that will be the right size and design to
support units that will be stationed there. Transforming RC facilities will improve training, readiness and
quality of life for more than 1820 RC soldiers, full-time unit support personnel, and their families.
Here’s what’s next.
This text can be searched. Note: Results may vary based on the legibility of text within the document.
Citing and Sharing
Basic information for referencing this web page. We also provide extended guidance on usage rights, references, copying or embedding.
Reference the current page of this Text.
United States. Department of Defense. Army Installations and State Action Papers - Puerto Rico, text, September 22, 2005; (digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc22323/m1/1/: accessed February 19, 2017), University of North Texas Libraries, Digital Library, digital.library.unt.edu; crediting UNT Libraries Government Documents Department.