Richard Cœur de Lion : opéra comique en trois actes Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Richard Cœur de Lion : opéra comique en trois actes
- Uniform Title Richard Cœur de Lion
- Added Title Bibliothèque universelle des romans
Composer: Grétry, André Ernest Modeste, 1741-1813Creator Type: Personal
Name: J. FreyPlace of Publication: Paris
- Creation: 1838
- Digitized: 2008-11
- Content Description: Richard Cœur-de-lion is probably Grétry’s most famous opéra-comique. However, it was banned during the French Revolution and subsequent rebellions in 1830 and 1848 due to its favorable depiction of royalty. Other than those exceptions, the work has remained popular due to its well-developed and compelling plot, its idealized representation of the Medieval community, as well as its musicodramatic structure in which a recurring romance melody is treated as a unifying plot point.
- Physical Description: 1 score (144 p.) ; 35 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Operas -- Scores.
- Other: Comédie mise en musique
- Item is a Primary Source
Name: Virtual Music Rare Book RoomCode: VRBR
Name: UNT Music LibraryCode: UNTML
- Rights Access: public
- Musical Score/Notation
- UNT Catalog No.: b1369215
- OCLC: 50437825
- RISM No.: RISM A/I, R4325
- Call Number: M1500.G74 R5
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc22