Bracelet: World War II Souvenir (Italy) Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Bracelet: World War II Souvenir (Italy)
Donor: Micak, Ed.Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Ed Micak, World War II veteran, who served in Italy.
- Creation: 1944
- Digitized: 2007-06-13
- Content Description: Aluminum bracelet formed as 1 large and six small oval plaques joined by flattened links. Large plaque with engraved images of eagles framing a view of the bay of Naples, inscribed "NAPLES". Other links with engraved views of various locations in Italy and one with a view of a camel and a palm tree labeled "AFRICA". One link with date 1944.
- Physical Description: 1 bracelet : aluminum ; 70 mm. diam.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Souvenirs (Keepsakes) -- 20th century -- Italy -- Specimens.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Italy.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Bracelets (Jewelry) -- 20th century -- Italy -- Specimens.
- Place Name: Italy
- Coverage Date: 1944
- Start Date: 1939
- End Date: 1945
Name: World War Two CollectionCode: WWII
Name: UNT Libraries Special CollectionsCode: UNTA
- Rights Access: public
- Physical Object
- OCLC: 122377835
- Call Number: NK7422.3.I83 W37 1944
- UNT Catalog No.: b3177967
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc2167
- Display Note: Example of a World War II souvenir, this type of bracelet was often made of scraps of shells, downed aircraft, etc. This example is from aluminum, and may have been part of a shot-down airplane. Gift: Ed Micak, April 2007.