Sewing basket Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Sewing basket
Former owner: Spyri, Johanna, 1827-1901.Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Johanna Spyri was the author of the children's novel Heidi.
Donor: Weaver, Gustine Courson, 1873-1942Contributor Type: Personal
- Digitized: 2007-08-07
- Creation: 1840/1901
- No Language
- Physical Description: Rectangular wicker sewing basket with ebonized(?) decorative detailing set on four scrolling feet (one broken). Closed scrolls at corners hold pendant ebonized rings. Swing handle. 38 x 26 x 27 cm.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Sewing baskets
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: Switzerland
- Start Date: 1840
- End Date: 1901
Name: Weaver Collection of Children's BooksCode: WCCB
Name: UNT Libraries Rare Book and Texana CollectionsCode: UNTRB
- Rights Access: public
- Physical Object
- OCLC: 52346021
- Call Number: PT2521.S98 W67 1840
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc2118
- Display Note: Owned by Johanna Spyri. Inherited by her great niece, Margarite Paur Ulrich, who presented it to Gustine Courson Weaver (Mrs. Clifford Weaver) in 1936. The basket was part of a group of items collected by Mrs. Weaver relating to Johanna Spyri and her book Heidi. Mrs. Weaver presented her Heidi materials the the North Texas State Teachers College around 1939. Transferred from the UNT Historical Collection/University Archives to the Weaver Juvenile Collection of the Rare Book & Texana Collections May 30, 2003.