The grocery ruined him. Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title The grocery ruined him.
Name: American Sunday-School UnionPlace of Publication: Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaAdditional Info: The American Sunday School Union (ASSU) was founded in 1824 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. It's purpose was promoting Sunday schools and their goals of educating children. The ASSU published vast numbers of items, and distributed countless books and periodicals through its Sunday schools and by selling them to others. It played an important role in shaping not only 19th century children's literature in America, but also the moral character of several generations.
- Creation: 1827 - 1853
- Digitized: 2007-01-20
- Content Description: Little Robert would not heed the advice of his Sunday school teacher and avoid the men at the grocery store who kept trying to get him to drink rum. By the age of 13, Robert becomes a drunkard.
- Physical Description:  p. (numbered 25-28) : illus.; 10.5 cm. (4 3/16"). No binding, as issued.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Sunday-school literature -- 19th century -- United States -- Specimens.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Woodcuts -- 19th century -- United States -- Specimens.
- Start Date: 1827
- End Date: 1853
Name: Weaver Collection of Children's BooksCode: WCCB
Name: UNT Libraries Rare Book and Texana CollectionsCode: UNTRB
- Rights Access: public
- Call Number: PS1039 .A31 G76 1827z
- UNT Catalog No.: b3094318
- OCLC: 73241027
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc2107
- Display Note: Example of a Sunday school "prize." The simple 4-page booklet with woodcut illustration would be awarded as a prize for attendence or a correct answer or winning a contest. As stories are collected, they could be bound into a book. Bound compilations were also available. Presented to the Weaver Collection of Juvenile Materials in honor of the 25th anniversary of the founding of the Rare Book & Texana Collections, October 2006.
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: 7 creationHardware: Visioneer OneTouch 8700 USB