Show 49 - The British are Coming! The British are Coming!: With an emphasis on Donovan, the Bee Gees and the Who. [Part 6] Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Show 49 - The British are Coming! The British are Coming!: With an emphasis on Donovan, the Bee Gees and the Who. [Part 6]
- Series Title The Pop Chronicles (John Gilliland Collection)
Composer: Gilliland, JohnCreator Type: Personal
- Content Description: Conceptualized in 1967 after attending the Monterey International Pop Music Festival, John Gilliland’s “The Pop Chronicles” traces the history of popular music from the 1950’s through the 1960’s. Mr. Gilliland wrote, narrated and produced these 55 hours of broadcasting first airing at KRLA Pasadena, CA. in February 1969. The pop music history is told by an interleaving of Mr. Gilliland’s narration, music, and comments from the interviews of the people directly involved in the music scene of the day. The guests are: Donovan, the Bee Gees, Moody Blues, Procul Harum and the Who.
- Physical Description: 1 sound disc : digital ; 4 3/4 in.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Popular Music -- 1951-1960.
- Keyword: American popular music
- Keyword: early 1950s
Name: John Gilliland's Pop ChroniclesCode: JGPC
Name: UNT Music LibraryCode: UNTML
- Rights Access: public
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc19826