NMC33 - Base Visit Book Navy MC - Naval Base Ventura County - CA Page: 5 of 58
The following text was automatically extracted from the image on this page using optical character recognition software:
DEFENSE BASE CLOSURE AND REALIGNMENT COMMISSION
BASE SUMMARY SHEET
NAVAL BASE VENTURA COUNTY
* As home to the Naval Air Warfare Center Weapons Division, Point Mugu (now part of Naval
Base Ventura County) is the Navy's full spectrum research, development, test and
evaluation,'and in-service engineering center for weapons systems associated with air
warfare (except for anti-submarine warfare systems), missile and missile subsystems, aircraft
weapons integration and assigned airborne electronic warfare systems. Naval Base Ventura
County provides airfield, seaport and base support services for Fleet operating forces,
RDT&E missions, Naval training centers and reserve activities.
* Consolidate Maritime C4ISR Research, Development & Acquisition, Test & Evaluation.
* Create a Naval Integrated Weapons & Armaments Research, Development and Acquisition,
Test and Evaluation Center. (TECH-15)
* Realign Naval Air Station Point Mugu, Naval Base Ventura, CA, by disestablishing the
Aircraft Intermediate Maintenance Department and transferring all intermediate maintenance
workload and capacity to Fleet Readiness Center Southwest Site Point Mugu, Naval Base
Ventura, CA. (IND-19)
* Close Naval Support Activity Corona, CA. Relocate Naval Surface Warfare Center Division,
Corona, CA to Naval Base Ventura County (Naval Air Station Point Mugu), CA. (DON-7)
a Realign Naval Air Warfare Center, Point Mugu, CA. Relocate the Sensors, Electronic
Warfare, and Electronics Research, Development, Acquisition, Test & Evaluation functions
to Naval Air Warfare Center, Weapons Division, China Lake, CA. (TECH-28)
* Realignment and consolidation of facilities working in weapons and armaments research,
development & acquisition and test and evaluation, into a Naval Integrated RDAT&E center
at Naval Air Warfare Center, China Lake, CA. (Tech-15)
* Consolidating the Sensors, Electronic Warfare, and Electronics RDAT&E functions at China
Lake eliminates redundant infrastructure between Point Mugu and China Lake and provides
for the more efficient use of the remaining assets including the Electronic Combat Range and
other integration laboratories at China Lake. (Tech-28)
* Relocation of Naval Surface Center Division Corona RDAT&E functions to Point Mugu
collocates its 3 required missions (independent assessment, metrology and calibration, and
tactical aircrew combat training system ranges) with other RDAT&E activities and with fleet
assets at Naval Air Station Point Mugu. (DON-7)
Here’s what’s next.
This book can be searched. Note: Results may vary based on the legibility of text within the document.
Tools / Downloads
Get a copy of this page or view the extracted text.
Citing and Sharing
Basic information for referencing this web page. We also provide extended guidance on usage rights, references, copying or embedding.
Reference the current page of this Book.
United States. Defense Base Closure and Realignment Commission. NMC33 - Base Visit Book Navy MC - Naval Base Ventura County - CA, book, July 21, 2005; (digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc18309/m1/5/: accessed December 12, 2018), University of North Texas Libraries, Digital Library, digital.library.unt.edu; crediting UNT Libraries Government Documents Department.