Dr. M. E. (Gene) Hall directs an early lab band Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Dr. M. E. (Gene) Hall directs an early lab band
- Series Title Early Jazz Scrapbook
- Creation: 195u
- Content Description: Photographs of Gene Hall standing to the left of three young men. The leftmost seated man is turned fully away from the camera. The second may is seated and playing a saxophone. The third stands to the right while playing a double bass.
- Physical Description: 1 photograph : b&w ; 10 x 8 in.
- Named Person: Hall, Gene (Conductor)
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: People - Groups
- Keyword: string basses
- Keyword: saxophones
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: One O'Clock Lab Band.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Arts and Crafts - Music - Bands
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Arts and Crafts - Music - Instruments
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Jazz.
- Item is a Primary Source
- Time Period: mod-tim
Name: Early Jazz Studies at UNTCode: JAZZ
Name: UNT Music LibraryCode: UNTML
- Accession or Local Control No: LB_early-jazz-040
- UNT Catalog No.: b4330988
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc181748
- Display Note: Handwritten note on the back of the photograph states, "Dr. M. E. (Gene) Hall directs an early lab band in an informal concert at the old NTSU Student Union Building. 1950s."